On Monday night, WWE taped matches for the August 24th 2021 edition of WWE NXT. It’s possible that some of the matches were taped out of order.
Here are the results courtesy of Bodyslam.net…
– NXT begins as a pre-tape airs of Cameron Grimes and “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase getting out of a limousine and entering the arena.
– Grimes & DiBiase enter the arena to a big reaction. The two cut a promo talking about the evolution in their relationship over the past couple of months. DiBiase puts over how Grimes is the perfect person to carry on the legacy of the Million Dollar Man. The two scream Grimes’ “To The Moon” catchphrase before hundreds of fake dollar bills are shot into the crowd with Grimes’ face on it. The two continue to be one of the most popular acts in NXT.
– Ridge Holland defeats Timothy Thatcher. After the match, Ciampa attempts to check on Thatcher before Holland pulls him off. All four men, including Dunne get into a scuffle before Oney Lorcan and a returning Danny Burch come to the aid of Holland and Dunne. The four men walk backstage together after subduing Ciampa and Thatcher.
– A backstage interview is held with Indi Hartwell and Dexter Lumis. The two, debuting a new “In-dex” engagement t-shirt, are asked about a potential wedding date, and they reveal that the wedding will take place on the Tuesday, September 14th edition of NXT.
– Kayden Carter and Kacy Catanzaro pick up a victory over Gigi Dolan and Jacy Jayne.
– A backstage interview with NXT Women’s Champion Raquel Gonzalez airs. Raquel says she’s been waiting for Kay Lee Ray to make her way over to NXT before she’s interuppted by Franky Monet, Robert Stone, and Jessi Kamea. Monet makes it known that she’s coming for the women’s title before walking off.
– A hype package for Kay Lee Ray
– A hype package for the NXT Breakout Tournament Finals airs, featuring an interview with Odyssey Jones.
– Kay Lee Ray defeats Valentina Feroz in dominating fashion.
– A pre-tape airs of new NXT Champion Samoa Joe making his way to the ring.
– Samoa Joe comes out to a huge reaction. Joe cuts a great promo challenging anyone to come and try to take his title. Pete Dunne answers Joe’s call to another big reaction. Dunne says he isn’t afraid of Joe before calling on NXT GM William Regal to make the match. The two are then interrupted by L.A Knight. Knight has mega heat from this crowd, easily the strongest reaction anyone has gotten all night. He also challenges Joe to an NXT Championship. Kyle O’Reilly then joins the fray, walking out with a very noticeable limp. O’Reilly verbally attacks L.A Knight before Ridge Holland attacks him on the stage. Dunne and Joe prepare to face off before Tommaso Ciampa enters through the crowd and attacks Dunne from behind as a receipt from earlier in the night/last week. All five men (excluding O’Reilly who was taken out by Holland) brawl for a bit before Ciampa & Joe clear the ring.
William Regal enters the arena to a brand new-Poppy sung theme song with a contract in hand for the NXT Breakout Tournament Finals.
Carmelo Hayes defeats Odyssey Jones to win the NXT Breakout Tournament in a huge upset. Both men were super over with the crowd and received “This is Awesome” chants for the performance. Crowd is chanting so loud for Hayes that it’s difficult to hear William Regal congratulate him on stage. Hayes says it’s too early to say which champion he will challenge with his contractual championship match from winning the breakout tournament. The crowd gives Hayes one last chant before heading to the back.
The new group of Pete Dunne, Ridge Holland, Danny Burch, and Oney Lorcan cut a promo on Samoa Joe.
A graphic appears showing that new NXT UK Champion Ilja Dragunov will appear next week.
According to BodySlam, their correspondent was kicked out before the end of the show. Here are the remaining spoilers via PWInsider.com…
Match Five: Xyon Quinn defeated Boa after Boa was distracted by Mei Ying.
William Regal was backstage with Johnny Gargano. Gargano wants Regal to call off the wedding. LA Knight interrupts and all three yell at each other.
Malcolm Bivens has a promo with Roderick Strong training in the background. Bivens says Strong will have an open challenge on next week’s show and then claims that Roderick is the uncrowned Cruiserweight Champion.
Ridge Holland versus Tommaso Ciampa is announced for next week.
Match Six: Legado del Fantasmo defeated Hit Row with Escobar pinning Scott. Towards the end of the match, B-Fab attacked Escobar while the referee was distracted. A woman came out to attack B-Fab with a weapon.