During a Twitch stream on Zelina Vega’s channel, Aleister Black talked about his release from WWE and here are a few notes…
* His release was said to be due to “budget cuts.” He enjoyed his time in WWE but said the last few years were a “slow death” for him.
* His request to move back to NXT was not shot down by Vince McMahon but rather Vince wanted to try out his new heel persona on Smackdown first.
* The company had created a new theme song for him that might never be heard on television. He was involved in the song’s composition.
* Him and Big E were slated to wrestle on this Friday’s Smackdown episode.
* When he was pulled from television after the 2020 Draft, his absence was only meant to be for a few weeks and not several months.
* He wants to continue wrestling and is interested in opening a wrestling school at some point.