Kyle O’Reilly vs. Adam Cole
* The first fall was a traditional wrestling match. The two wasted no time going after each other when the bell rang to start the first fall. After a relatively short match, O’Reilly countered a Panama Sunrise attempt and pinned Cole.
HERE WE GO!
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) August 23, 2021
* The second fall was a street fight. Chairs and trash cans were introduced into the match and Cole was able to hurt O’Reilly’s mid-section. Cole used a kendo stick on O’Reilly but O’Reilly wouldn’t stay down. The two traded blows and O’Reilly was able to get the upper hand. The match went to the outside and O’Reilly threw Cole off the ramp into the plexiglass.
Adam Cole into the camera pic.twitter.com/y7BZ2gbWbd
— SkullsMedia.com by GIFSkull (@SkullsMedia) August 23, 2021
* Back in the ring, Cole slammed O’Reilly onto two chairs that were set up and then Cole pinned O’Reilly with a last shot.
* The third fall was a steel cage match. Cole attacked O’Reilly as officials were checking on him prior to the cage lowering all the way. Cole powerbombed O’Reilly onto the announce table and then threw O’Reilly back into the ring.
* O’Reilly managed to make a comeback and hit Cole with a last shot of his own but Cole kicked out. Cole hit a low blow to regain control. Cole hit the panama sunrise but O’Reilly kicked out.
* Cole handcuffed O’Reilly to the ring rope and had his way with O’Reilly. Cole started trash talking but O’Reilly caught Cole with a leg submission and Cole tapped out despite O’Reilly only having one working arm.
— WWE (@WWE) August 23, 2021