Bobby Lashley (c) (with MVP) vs. Bill Goldberg
* Before the match, The Miz and John Morrison were in the ring looking for the Dripstick 2000. Xavier Woods interrupted with the device. Xavier did a Scott Hall-style survey and asked if the people wanted to see Miz and Morrison get wet. Xavier then sprayed them.
* It was also announced that the 2022 edition of Money in the Bank will take place during July 4th weekend at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.
* Goldberg’s entrance was clocked in at just over 3 minutes.
— Wrestling Resource – The Sportster (@WrestlingSheet) August 22, 2021
* The two locked up and then Lashley shoved Goldberg. Goldberg hit a shoulder tackle and powerslammed Lashley. The crowd started booing Goldberg but then Lashley got the upper hand. Lashley went to the top but Goldberg slammed Lashley off the top. Goldberg went for the spear but MVP pulled Lashley to the outside of the ring. Goldberg then speared Lashley on the outside.
— Italo Santana (@BulletClubIta) August 22, 2021
* Back in the ring, Lashley tried to get the Hurt Lock on but Goldberg broke out. Lashley took Goldberg to the outside and tossed him knee-first into the ring post. Lashley got Goldberg back in the ring but Goldberg couldn’t get back to his feet so the referee stopped the match. Lashley went after Goldberg’s leg with a chair after the match. Goldberg’s son Gage tried to help but got put in the Hurt Lock by Lashley. MVP got on the mic and said Lashley didn’t know it was Gage that got into the ring. The total length of the actual match was just over 7 minutes.
lol Bobby Lashley puts Gage Goldberg in the Hurt Lock and… they cheer LOL pic.twitter.com/OAMPAkekJh
— SkullsMedia.com by GIFSkull (@SkullsMedia) August 22, 2021