As previously noted, Big E successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract and became the new WWE Champion on the September 13th 2021 edition of RAW.
Here are some news items regarding Big E’s win…
* According to Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men Podcast, there had been plans for Big E to win the WWE Title on the original Draft date which had been reported as August 30th.
This was supposed to happen during the original draft date for raw.
Glad to see they stuck with the plan. #wweraw
— Andrew Zarian (@AndrewZarian) September 14, 2021
* Big E is now the 5th former NXT World Champion to win the WWE or Universal Title. Previous wrestlers that accomplished that feat were Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Kevin Owens, and Finn Balor.
* Big E is the 6th black wrestler to win either the WWE Title or World Heavyweight Title (WWE) in the company after The Rock, Booker T, Mark Henry, Kofi Kingston, and Bobby Lashley.
* Big E defeating Bobby Lashley was the first time the WWE Title or World Heavyweight Title (starting 2002) changed hands between two black wrestlers.
* Big E was the first black wrestler to win (and successfully cash in) the Money in the Bank contract.
* The official WWE Twitter account’s display name was changed to BIG E IS WWE CHAMPION.
* In a Twitter poll I conducted, 63% didn’t think that Big E would cash in the contract on RAW…
— Aaron Rift of NoDQ.com 🌎 (@aaronrift) September 13, 2021
* Here is Big E’s post-match victory promo…