As previously noted, there is reportedly “something going on” in regards to William Regal and AEW. During the November 30th 2022 edition of Dynamite, MJF turned against Regal in an angle that was seemingly designed to write Regal off television.
In an update on rumors regarding Regal possibly leaving AEW and returning to WWE, Fightful.com noted the following…
“Fightful Select has learned that talent is of the belief that William Regal’s AEW deal could be up in December of this year. This was also being speculated at this past weekend’s WrestleCade event.” It was also stated that “there is absolutely WWE interest in bringing him back whenever his deal is done.”
During Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com said the following…
“Again, I want to make this clear. I have not been told outright that he is gone but based on several things, I believe he’s gone. He’s no longer going to be in AEW. I don’t know this for a fact that he is going back to WWE imminently but this is what I can tell you for a fact…The belief among people within WWE is that when he signed with AEW, he essentially had an agreement where if Triple H returns to power, he can go back to WWE. And Triple H is now back in power. The belief within WWE is that is what is going on. He is going back to WWE and it was part of an agreement that he made when he signed and Triple H is now back in power and so William Regal is returning. Whether this is the case, we will I’m sure find out soon enough.”
WOL: Bryan shares his thoughts on the William Regal situation.
— Wrestling Observer (@WONF4W) December 1, 2022