As previously noted, WWE has reportedly let go of several Producers, coaches, and writers from the WWE NXT brand including “Road Dogg” Jesse James and William Regal.
Fightful Select had some additional information regarding the releases….
* Road Dogg and William Regal were seen as the two key “Triple H” guys to be cut. WWE reportedly didn’t have any on-screen plans for Regal and he was still scouting talent prior to his release.
* Allison Danger was said to be the only “non-Triple H” cut.
* Thatcher and Burch were not considered to be “talent” cuts as they had been doing coaching work.
* There was no internal message in regards to the cuts.
* Former coach Scotty 2 Hotty (Scott Garland) was asked for comment. Garland told Fightful he wasn’t surprised about the releases and figured the writing was on the wall.
* It appears that Bron Breakker kicking the giant “X” at New Year’s Evil was not well-received backstage and the feeling was that WWE was “sending a message” about the future of the NXT brand.
I couldn’t resist 😂🤷🏽♂️ Bron Breakker killing y’all favorite version of NXT pic.twitter.com/baJ4TuYmmu
— Joshua Gresham aka “Gresh” (@JoshGreshamORG) January 5, 2022