Fightful.com obtained a list of guidelines and “banned” terms for WWE’s promotional partners heading into Wrestlemania 36 last year. Here were some of the highlights regarding social media content…
* Do not reply to fans in the comments
* Don’t speculate on rumors or future storylines
* Always present WWE and talent in a positive light.
* Sports Entertainment and Superstars were preferred terms over “wrestling” and wrestlers”
* Do not use messaging that enables or encourages fans to speak negatively about the product
The list of “banned” terms included the following…
Needs a push
To be over
Who We Are In 2016, former wrestling writer turned businessman Jimmy Van had the vision of creating the top crossover sports website in combat. The heavens opened up and Sean Ross Sapp was bestowed upon him, creating Fightful.com, which has become a leader in analysis, news, exclusives, interviews and podcasts across pro wrestling, MMA and boxing.