Twitter user @allan_cheapshot compiled a list of various Vince McMahon stories that have been told over the years during various interviews and podcasts…
* Vince hates sneezing. When someone sneezes, he yells at them and tells them to control themselves. On the rare occasion Vince sneezes, he angrily mutters to himself and loses focus for a few minutes (Paul Heyman, on Jericho’s podcast)
* Vince once raced former WWE writer @courtbauer on an open highway. Vince boxed in Court so that Court was heading straight for road construction. Court had to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident. Vince sped off, having “won” the race by almost killing a guy.
* Vince went bowling with an NBC exec. The guy had done something Vince didn’t like. Obviously since they were bowling, they were wearing bowling shoes. Vince sneaked off, got the guy’s real shoes from behind the counter, tossed the shoes in the garbage and left. The guy had no idea where his shoes were and had to go home wearing the gross bowling shoes. Vince contacted him later and said “That’s what you get, pal!”. The guy wrote a book and said that Vince was the biggest jerk he’d ever met in real life.
* Vince, as a prank, had real police “arrest” Jonathan Coachman for running a betting pool at work. Coach said when the cop car finally turned around and brought him back to WWE HQ, he openly wept in relief and rage.
* Vince got wasted at a strip club and let the Hart Foundation hit their finisher on him, and they hit him really hard.
* Vince said something insulting to Kofi on a plane, and Kofi didn’t do anything. As they were getting off the plane, Jericho told Kofi that if he didn’t confront and fight Vince immediately, Kofi’s career was effectively over in Vince’s mind. This was how Vince tested his talent.
* Former 90210 writer Larry Mollin joined Stephanie’s creative team. They were in a meeting with Vince. Vince was talking, Larry was nodding. Stephanie pulled Larry out of the room. She told him, “You need to stop nodding. VINCE HATES NODDING. She explained that if there’s one thing Vince hates, it’s “yes men”. This is extra hilarious because everyone always says that Vince is surrounded by yes men. Poor Larry lasted just a couple of weeks.
* Vince invited Mark Henry to a workout session. Bear in mind that Mark Henry’s claim as world’s strongest man is based on the fact he is the only man to have competed at top level Olympic Lifting, Power Lifting and Strongman competitions. Vince tried to out rep him on every exercise. Henry went along with it because he’s competitive and even admitted that Vince tested him a little bit. Mark says that he actually quit before Vince did Vince phoned Mark in great pain and admitted he had made a terrible mistake.
* Vince was hesitant to hire Gail Kim due to her being Asian. Jim Ross convinced him not only because of her in ring talent, but the fact that many men are attracted to Asian woman and that there are even lots of Asian porn sites on the internet. This apparently shocked the hell out of Vince, who had no idea Asian porn sites existed.
* JR once farted in a car with Gerald Brisco, which made Brisco start gagging and throwing up. Vince heard about that, so backstage at RAW one night, he tried to fart and make Brisco puke. It backfired, and Vince shit in his pants. He then had to go out to the ring and do a promo! JR said that all the production people in his headphones told him about it, and that they were instructed to keep the camera shots ABOVE Vince’s waistline for the entire promo.
* Vince thinks throwing/pushing someone into a swimming pool while fully clothed is the funniest thing on planet earth.
* Paul Heyman, where he talked about VKM’s competitiveness. Vince supposedly has a world class thick beard, but shaves constantly. Heyman asked Vince why he doesn’t just let the beard out and save himself the trouble.
Vince’s answer, “I can’t let it win.”
* CM Punk told a story of when he, the Undertaker, JBL, Edge, and Vince all had to room together when they were doing Tribute to the Troops, and Punk couldn’t sleep because everyone was snoring, except for Vince, who kept laughing at his own farts.
* They were in a creative meeting trying to come up with ways for Big Show to job while still looking strong. One idea was someone would spike his burrito. Vince was shocked, not for the spiking, but because he had no idea what a burrito was.
* Paying some guy $500 to stop smoking on a plane in the 80’s – (Vince hates smoking).
* Wade Keller once talked about meeting Vince McMahon. He went up to his office and walked in to find The Chairman eating pizza. Nothing unusual there, everybody eats pizza. But what was unusual was how embarrassed and mortified Vince’s face looked upon being discovered. He looked like a little kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. With fear in his eyes, Vince told Keller, “Wade, you can’t print this.” As if pizza eating was some groundbreaking and news worthy gossip headline.
Jim Cornette addressed some of these stories during one of his podcasts…