Full WWE Smackdown/205 Live spoilers Submitted by Aaron Rift on 12/29/2018 at 08:22 PM
Here are the spoilers from Saturday night's Smackdown/205 Live tapings in Pittsburgh, PA which will air on New Year's Day:
- Kalisto defeated Lio Rush for 205 with some help from Lucha House Party.
- Tozawa defeated Drew Gulak for 205 in what was said to be a lengthy match. Both Kalisto and Tozawa have advanced to Cruiserweight Title match at the Royal Rumble PPV.
- New Day opened Smackdown and declared themselves for the men's Royal Rumble match. They took a shot at Brock Lesnar during the promo.
- A fatal five-way to determine Daniel Bryan's opponent for the Royal Rumble was announced with Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe fighting for a spot in the match.
- Joe defeated Hardy by submission to advance to the five-way.
- Rusev had a US Title victory celebration which was crashed by Shinsuke Nakamura.
- Naomi was set to face Mandy Rose but ended up facing Sonya Deville instead. Sonya won when Mandy came out and told Naomi that she sent a suggestive photo to Naomi's husband and then showed the photo on the big screen.
- John Cena came out for his return promo was was interrupted by Becky Lynch. Becky proclaimed that she wasn't just taking Charlotte off posters but she is also taking Cena off posters. Becky added that Nikki won't be the only woman to drop him. Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega interrupted the segment.
- Cena and Becky defeated Almas and Zelina. Cena hit Almas with his finishers but Becky threw Cena out of the way and scored the victory for their team. Becky mocked Cena's "You can't see me" taunt.
- The Miz and Shane McMahon had a segment about how they should dress as a tag team.
- Backstage, the Smackdown women argued about who deserves the chance to face Asuka at the Royal Rumble. Triple H said he would figure things out.
- The Fatal Five-Way match took place with Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Mustafa Ali, AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe as the participants. Styles ended up winning by pinning Orton and will face Daniel Bryan at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Title.