Rift's commentary of NXT Brooklyn III Submitted by Aaron Rift on 08/19/2017 at 08:00 PM
- The Band Code Orange performed live to kick off the show.
- Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade Almas with Zelina Vega. Almas got a really close nearfall on Gargano with the double knees. Vega threw a DIY shirt at Gargano and Almas took advantage to pick up the victory. This was a very fun opening match with a red hot crowd. So far so good.
- Kurt Angle and Daniel Bryan were shown watching the event in a luxury box.
- Authors of Pain vs. Sanity for the NXT tag team titles. AOP and Paul Ellering were dressed like the Ninja Turtles and Shredder. The fight started before the bell could even ring. Eric Young pulled out a table from under the ring. Young ended up replacing Killian Dain in the match. The fight went into the crowd. Wolfe got a good reaction by German suplexing both AOP members. Nikki Cross and Ellering ended up getting involved. Nikki tried to splash one of the AOP members but got caught. Nikki ended up sacrificing herself as Dain sent both of them through a table. Young and Wolfe finished off the other member to pick up the win for their team. After the match, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly from ROH appeared and attacked both teams. Good match that was well booked. Strong debut from Fish and O'Reilly.
- Aleister Black vs. Hideo Itami. Jim Ross did commentary and Black came out to live music from Code Orange. The two traded kicks right off the back. Black was bleeding from the nose. Itami got a nearfall with the Falcon Arrow. After more kicks and strikes, Black won with the Black Mass. This was Itami's best match in WWE/NXT to date, a performance that he definitely needed.
- Asuka vs. Ember Moon for the NXT Women's Title. Ember went right after Asuka when the bell rang. There was a dueling chant for both. Asuka kicked out of the Eclipse. Asuka tried to use the tights but the referee caught her. Ember hit a superkick for another nearfall. The crowd started a loud NXT chant at this point. Asuka ended up getting the win with the Asuka lock. Ember got a standing ovation after the match. Another strong match. I'm surprised they weren't even more nearfalls because this is the kind of match to have them in. The crowd bought into all the nearfalls.
- Bobby Roode vs. Drew McIntyre for the NXT Title. McIntyre had a special entrance with performers playing bagpipes. Roode had a special piano entrance. The crowd was cheering for Roode over McIntyre but there were still duel chants for both. McIntyre got several near falls on Roode. McIntyre did a big dive over the top to the outside to try and finish off Roode. Roode came back and hit the Glorious DDT for a nearfall. McIntyre hit a 2nd Claymore to capture the NXT Title. After the match, Fish and O'Reilly distracted McIntyre which allowed Adam Cole to attack him. A strong main event to end yet another strong NXT show.