Jay's Ways - RAW Thoughts, John Cena, & NRW Submitted by Justin Watry on 07/11/2017 at 07:53 PM
"I have been reading your stuff on 411mania and nodq.com for the longest time now and I have never felt inclined to email in. The general consensus of you not being most popular is harsh at times but also can be well-founded too.8 But I still read your stuff because I do enjoy your articles and find your perspective interesting most of the time.
That said, your article about your friend Megan and trip to Wrestlemnaia was the greatest thing you have ever wrote. Forget about the predictions you brag about getting right. This is your crowning piece. Maybe it is because I can relate as going to Wrestlemania is my ultimate dream and it will be happening next year. But I genuinely loved your article.
Thank you for the great stuff."
- Jay's Ways reader
Help Spread The Word
Share. Donate. Join. Link. Whatever you would like to do to push a good cause:
My new 411mania column will be all about the big event from Sunday night. My full match reviews and thoughts will be in there. Plenty went down in the world of WWE, so it is worth your while to check out my new column. Only on 411mania! Should be posted soon.
Up to around 600 views so far for the return of NRW. Keep liking, commenting, sharing, and spreading the word! On Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. Link is below, at the bottom of the page. Well worth the 15 minutes!
I only mentioned this on Twitter, but it is great to have John Cena back. Even if it just for a "American" (Grit) kind of story line for the summer battling Rusev and then Jinder Mahal. I think him coming back on a holiday was a giant waste (as was last year on Memorial Day) because I 100% guarantee you there would have been a big ratings boost had it occurred any other Tuesday.
Whatever, it is over and done with now. He is back in the fold and can appear on any show at anytime. I am fine with that. He is basically the new version of The Undertaker for us fans. The man has earned the right to come and go as he chooses. Also opens up the door for new/different feuds and allows the company to be flexible with planning around his schedule. Win-win for everybody.
Kurt Angle Homecoming
Very good. Very intriguing. Very fascinating.
There are also bonus clips on the WWE Youtube pafe for those curious. Lots of good content. The Dixie Carter stuff is getting a lot of attention, but it was quick, painless, and honestly, I don't think we really NEEDED it at all. Still cool to see. Jim Cornette, Eric Bischoff, Bruno Sammartino, Bret Hart, Vince Russo, and countless others have worked for WWE in the past despite their strong opinions against Vince McMahon. Doesn't really surprise me whenever somebody comes on board for a project. No harm, no foul.
Discounting the 30 second Dixie was on, it was just a nice look at Angle returning 'home' and get his proper respect. What does it mean for his mystery story line or a potential return to the ring? Probably not much. Booker T got his own special. Roman Reigns got his own special. Finn Balor got his own special. Heck, THE FREAKIN' USOS got their own special! No real correlation between the WWE Network and the on air product.
Highly recommend checking it out. Not a ton of new revelations or shocking news bits but for an hour, you forget about all the negative Kurt has been through an realize he is one of the best ever.
Quick Raw Thoughts
- Nice promo from Big Cass to start. Didn't care for Big Show interrupting and beating him up so quickly though. Cass will win in the end, but that was felt like too much from the legend.
- The Hardyz are teasing more BROKEN junk. Yawn. I have no interest in it. Keep that stuff in its' own universe. WWE and the brothers likely see money in the gimmick, so I guess I can't fault them for going after the dollar signs. Good feud with The Revival on the way.
- Hey, Finn Balor and The Club? Any connection? Hope not. That too feels like fantasy booking from fans that is NOT a good idea in reality.
- The Miz and his goons taking on Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins? Sure. I suspected a reunion of The Shield was around the corner. Felt like any week now with them faces again (and Roman Reigns). Good hook for Summerslam in August.
- The rumor on Monday morning was Brock Lesnar would defend his Universal Title against Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, and Samoa Joe next. In a fatal four way. That was the word on Monday. We shall see if all that plays out. The RAW segment and tease for next week appears to imply that as well. Guess it saves us the one on one battles between Brock/Braun and Brock/Reigns. Plus, this keeps Joe in the mix for another month. Not ideal by any means but certainly logical.
- Not sure what is going on with Alexa Bliss and the RAW women's division. No clue. Why can't we just get Sasha Banks vs. Bayley? What is the big hold up exactly? The two tore it down in my 2015 match of the year in Brooklyn during Summerslam weekend - just two years ago! They can just as easily do the same again come August, only this time on the WWE stage versus the NXT stage. Nope, we have Bliss (who makes a great champion) fooling around with Nia Jax and their little deal. I don't get it. Thankfully, the WWE Network has the Mae Young Classic airing soon. That will be good!
- We end things on Kurt Angle. Whatever is going on with him and Corey Graves, the whole thing will be revealed next Monday. My guess all along has been something with the return of Stephanie McMahon. The two have a past, she is coming back to RAW eventually, and it also opens the door for a Triple H return. Some are saying Dixie because of the Nasville location next week; eh...it would be tempting admittedly. I still say Steph is involved somehow. Brilliant move by WWE to close Raw with that quick shot of Angle after telling the person on the phone "I love you." Wow. Smart way to get fans REALLY guessing. Awesome teaser. Sometimes the smallest things mean the biggest. Very exciting to get the payoff now.
NRW: The Match
June 17th, 2017...it happened. Crazy Case vs. Fallen vs. New Moon in one epic triple threat match for the NRW Championship. Original music, original characters, original artwork, etc. The wait is finally over. Enjoy No Rulez Wrestling!
If you follow me on Twitter, you know how important Wednesday was for me in confirming my next venture. I said 2017 would be MY year and full of big events. The groundwork has been laid. Now, I need to just do it.