Rift's results/commentary for WWE Balls PPV Submitted by Aaron Rift on 07/09/2017 at 07:35 PM
Neville (c) vs. Tozawa for the cruiserweight title in the kickoff match
- Tozawa got a nearfall with a rollup. Tozawa hit a senton but Neville rolled out of the ring. Tozawa got crotched on the ropes and Neville took advantage of that by kicking the ropes. Neville then scored the pinfall victory. This was fine and was slightly better than a typical kickoff match. The finish was... interesting.
Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins
- The match was technically good but I was having trouble getting into it. At one point, Wyatt yelled at Rollins to fight him. Wyatt hit Rollins with a thumb to the eye and then won with Sister Abigail.
Enzo vs. Big Cass
- Before the match, Enzo cut a promo and talked about how Dallas was where Enzo and Cass made their main roster debut on RAW. Cass came out with a new titantron and theme song. Cass dominated the match as fans chanted "casshole" at him. Cass sent Enzo to the outside with a gorilla press slam. Enzo got back in the ring but was hit with a big boot and Cass picked up the win. The match went down about exactly as you would expect.
Shesaro vs. The Hardys in a 30 minute Iron Man match for the RAW tag team titles
- Sheamus pinned Matt Hardy immediately with a brogue kick due to a Cesaro distraction. Sheamus pinned Jeff Hardy about 10 minutes into the match to score the 2nd straight fall. Jeff Hardy pinned Cesaro with the Twist of Fate to make it 2-1 in favor of Shesaro. Matt got counted out to make it 3-1 in favor of Shesaro. Jeff pinned Cesaro to make it 3-2 in favor of Shesaro. Matt pinned Sheamus with a top rope twist of fate to make it tied 3-3. Cesaro made the save when the Hardys were about to win. Jeff hit a swanton on Sheamus but Cesaro ran over to pin Jeff. Time ran out and Shesaro won 4-3. Matt got busted open the hardway towards the end of the match. This was a good match.
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha Banks for the RAW women's title
- Alexa did her double-jointed trick with her arm to gain the advantage. Alexa hit an impressive sunset flip powerbomb on Sasha for a nearfall and threw a fit when she didn't win. Sasha got the Banks statement on but Alexa got to the ropes. Alexa ended up getting counted out. After the match, Sasha attacked Alexa and did the double knees off the announce table. This was the best match on the show up to this point.
The Miz (c) vs. Dean Ambrose for the IC Title
- Ambrose went after Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas right away but the distractions eventually caught up with him and Miz gained control. Ambrose made a comeback and at one point took all the guys out with a jump from the top rope to the outside. Ambrose had the match won when Maryse put Miz's foot on the rope. Miz won with the Skull Crushing Finale with help from the Miztourage.
Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman in an ambulance match
- Strowman used the steel steps on Reigns early in the match. Reigns tried to use a steel chair but Strowman didn't flinch. They fought by the stage and Reigns hit several superman punches to try and get Strowman into the ambulance. Reigns shoved Strowman through the LED stage. Reigns missed a spear and went into the ambulance. Strowman shut the doors and won the match. After the match, Reigns popped out of the ambulance and speared Strowman. Reigns drove the ambulance away with Strowman inside. Reigns backed the ambulance into a semi-truck and Kurt Angle freaked out.
Heath Slater vs. Curt Hawkins
- This was an impromptu match. Slater won but the finish wasn't shown because the viewers were seeing the arrival of paramedics for Braun Strowman. Strowman was resisting being put on a stretcher. Strowman was bleeding around his elbow/face and stumbled away. This was a really strong angle.
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Samoa Joe for the Universal Title
- Samoa Joe attacked Brock Lesnar from behind as Paul Heyman was doing the introduction. Joe slammed Lesnar through a table before the match even started. Lesnar got back in the ring and the match finally started. Joe went after Lesnar but Lesnar fought back. Lesnar hit a few suplexes but then Joe hit a low blow when the referee wasn't looking. Joe got the coquina clutch on but Lesnar broke out of it. Lesnar made another comeback with more suplexes. Joe recovered and got the clutch on again. Lesnar countered into an F5 and scored the victory to retain the title. This was a good main event.