Jay's Ways - Top 5 Superstar Shakeup Ideas Submitted by Justin Watry on 04/18/2017 at 03:13 AM
"I have been reading your stuff on 411mania and nodq.com for the longest time now and I have never felt inclined to email in. The general consensus of you not being most popular is harsh at times but also can be well-founded too. But I still read your stuff because I do enjoy your articles and find your perspective interesting most of the time.
That said, your article about your friend Megan and trip to Wrestlemnaia was the greatest thing you have ever wrote. Forget about the predictions you brag about getting right. This is your crowning piece. Maybe it is because I can relate as going to Wrestlemania is my ultimate dream and it will be happening next year. But I genuinely loved your article.
Thank you for the great stuff."
- wrestling fan
While writing this column, I listened to Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus, Crack Addict by Limp Bizkit, ACDC Thunderstruck, songs from The Simpsons television show, Kings by Tribe Society, and The Lumineers' Ho Hey. Nice variety. Hit the play button and enjoy reading!
Click it, read it, love it: https://arkofexperience.com/
New 411mania has be written. Not sure it is posted yet or not. Check the column section. The top if about the Top 5 Superstar Shakeup Blunders. I understand all the moves were JUST made, but we'll see if I am right or wrong throughout 2017. That is part of the fun, right? Only on 411. Be sure to read it.
Superstar ShakeUp Aftershocks
Just a few quick things on the aftermath of all the roster moves:
- My heart wanted AJ Styles to remain on Smackdown LIVE and be a top face. My head was sure he was heading to Raw. Looks like the sentimental pick won out behind the scenes. Now, here is the thing - do NOT regret it! Make Styles a permanent fixture in the main event (or top of the card), and don't blow it. We do not want to be sitting here in six months saying "Why didn't WWE move him to RAW???????" WWE stuck with him on the blue brand; now make the most of it.
- Do not give us Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens for MONTHS! Honestly, probably even longer. I don't care if they are destined to fight forever. So were Sasha Banks and Charlotte. Split them up for a long time; you can always go back to the feud and watch fans go wild for the showdown. Make it meaningful again because let's be honest, it isn't important right now if Zayn vs. Owens is announced for a future show. That's a shame but the reality.
- Figure out what to do with Randy Orton and the WWE Championship. Is he just keeping the title warm until AJ Styles wins it? Or are we headed for a Mr. RKO vs. Mr. KO story line in the summer with Owens moving up the card? I have no clue, but whatever is going on now is NOT working. Erick Rowan laying out Orton last week was a joke. Sorry, it was. End this Wyatt Family nonsense, get Luke Harper got (again), and then get some shine back on the WWE Championship. Heck, I'd argue Randy is going to turn heel soon...however, we have been down the road a million times already.
- Just like Zayn/Owens, I hope WWE cools on all talks of The Shield getting back together. Put it on the back burner until down the road. When you REALLY need it. Zero reason to throw it out there anytime soon with no/little hype. Make it a major selling point for a pay-per-view without Brock Lesnar and the Universal Title. Then promote it like wild on the WWE Network...and have Dean Ambrose turn heel.
- Yep, that is my big closer for the column today. Turn Ambrose heel on his 'brothers.' Rewind the tape to 2014 when everybody was whining and crying for Dean to be the one to turn heel on The Shield. Not Roman Reigns. Not Seth Rollins. Well, WWE went with Rollins and clearly made the correct decision. It is now time to reverse the roles. I am well aware Ambrose has a rabid following and is a popular face. Trust me, I get it. This is a preference of my own. His run on Smackdown LIVE got worse and worse each week after being their top pick in the WWE Draft and beating The Shield in a triple threat PPV main event. He went from THAT in 2016...to the Mania Kickoff show. You tell me what happened.
Those are just a few things I'd like to see. There are many more, but we can hold on that for a different day. What would you like to see happen after the Superstar Shakeup? Share your opinion!
Okay, I wrote something like 15 columns in the build up to WrestleMania 33 and following the big event. Instead of the usual stale Raw and Smackdown LIVE reviews, you tell me what you want in future columns! More personal stuff like my Orlando journey, flashback junk, re-posts where I make a fool of myself, lists, etc. YOU tell me. I am more than content in keep doing my thing but have no issues going to the audience for ideas. Don't be shy, let me know. Use the comment section or hit me up via email or social media.