WWE Backlash 2018 PPV results Submitted by Aaron Rift on 05/06/2018 at 07:21 PM
- During the Kickoff, The Miz tried to recruit Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel to be in his corner but was actually turned down.
- Bayley tried to make peace with Sasha backstage and asked Sasha to be in her corner. Sasha asked where Bayley was on RAW and the two argued again.
Bayley vs. Ruby Riott
- The Riott Squad caused a distraction which led to Riott picking up the victory with the Riott kick.
Seth Rollins vs. The Miz for the IC Title
- The Miz dominated the early part of the match and mocked Rollins' "Burn it down" stomp. Rollins made a comeback and got several nearfalls. Rollins went for the stomp but Miz went outside the ring. Rollins went for a knee strike and hit the ring post. Miz took advantage and put on the figure four but Rollins was able to reverse the hold. Miz hit the skull crushing finale when Rollins' knee gave out but Rollins was stick able to kick out. Miz hit a 2nd SCF but Rollins kicked out again. Rollins finally won with the stomp in one of the best opening matches of a WWE PPV in a long time.
Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss for the RAW Women's Title
- Nia tossed Alexa around the ring in the early part of the match. Alexa kicked Nia in the head to gain the advantage. Nia quickly regained control with her power. Nia went for a Vader bomb but Alexa was able to push Nia out of the ring. Alexa had trouble getting Nia back into the ring and had to break the referee's count. Nia caught Alexa and hit the Samoan drop to retain the title. After the match, Nia cut a promo and dedicated her win to anybody that has been bullied and encouraged people to be unique.
Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton for the US Title
- The early part of the match was back and forth with Orton later taking control. The crowd started a "Rusev Day" chant before Hardy made a comeback. Hardy won with the Swanton Bomb in an average match.
- Elias came out for a performance and brought up Bruce Springsteen. Elias threatened to not perform if the fans wouldn't shut up but then said Bruce needed to hear him. The New Day interrupted Elias before he could start his song. New Day wanted to perform with Elias but Elias said he was a solo act. Aiden English interrupted Elias with his one song and introduced Rusev. Elias tried to start his song again and was interrupted by No Way Jose. Titus Worldwide and Breezango came out with the Conga line. Bobby Roode then appeared and hit a Glorious DDT to Elias.
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass
- Bryan went right after Cass' surgically repaired left knee. The crowd started a "We Want Enzo!" chant when Cass gained control. Cass missed a big boot and Bryan tried to get the Yes Lock on. Bryan had trouble but finally locked it in and Cass immediately tapped out. Cass attacked Bryan after the match and the crowd did a "Casshole" chant.
Carmella vs. Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women's Title
- Carmella mocked the Flair strut and got a boot for her troubles. Carmella tried to flee with her title but Charlotte stopped her. Carmella eventually caught Charlotte in the head with a kick to gain control. The was little crowd heat as Carmella was screaming "nobody likes you" at Charlotte. Charlotte came back with a spear. Charlotte tweaked her knee with the moonsault attempt and Carmella pinned her to retain the title.
AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Title
- Nakamura immediately went outside the ring. The two fought on the outside and Styles went for a big splash but missed and hit the barricade. The crowd did a duel chant as Nakamura had control. The crowd started a "we want tables" chant. Nakamura brought a chair into the ring but Styles blocked a Kinshasa attempt with the chair. The chair ricocheted and hit Styles, causing him to get busted open. Styles hit the phenomenal forearm to the back of Nakamura's head for a nearfall. Nakamura hit a low blow and Styles hit Nakamura with one as well. The two got up and exchanged strikes before kicking each other below the belt. Neither of them answered the ten count and the referee declared the match a draw.
Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
- Lashley started the match and had control early until Owens and Zayn used the numbers game to get the advantage. Strowman got a hot tag and cleaned house for awhile. Zayn tried to flee but Owens stopped him. The two had a falling out and Owens ended up being pinned by Lashley even though Zayn was technically the legal man. Strowman powerslammed Owens after the match. Zayn got caught and was laid out as well.
Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe
- Joe attacked Reigns before the match started and put Reigns through the announced table before the bell even rang. The match started and Joe worked over Reigns while the crowd chanted for CM Punk. Joe kept working over Reigns and the crowd started a "this is boring!" chant. Reigns made several comebacks with little reaction, not even boos. Fans started leaving the arena and people started a "beat the traffic" chant. Reigns hit a spear but Joe put his foot on the rope. Joe got the Coquina Clutch on but Reigns got to the ropes. Reigns eventually won with another spear. When WWE cut to the crowd, you could see the remaining fans immediately leaving.