WWE Wrestlemania 34 PPV results Submitted by Aaron Rift on 04/08/2018 at 04:59 PM
- John Cena was already hanging out in the crowd with fans before the Kickoff started.
- Carmella came out during the Kickoff and teased cashing in her MITB contract.
Andre The Giant memorial battle royal (Kickoff)
- Nobody got an entrance. Aiden English was the first person eliminated. Elias was not in the match despite being announced on WWE's website. With only a few guys left, Matt Hardy and Tye Dillinger had a "Delete" vs. "10" chant-off. It was down to Hardy, Baron Corbin, and Mojo Rawley. Bray Wyatt appeared and helped Hardy win. The two hugged after the match.
Finals of the WWE Cruiserweight Title Tournament (Kickoff)
Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali
- Mustafa Ali came out with light-up gear that resembled Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. Ali got a nearfall with the Spanish Fly. Ali hit a 054 but Alexander got his foot on the ropes. Ali missed a 2nd one and then Alexander hit the Lumbar Check to win the title. After the match, Drake Maverick presented the title to Alexander.
Wrestlemania women's Battle Royal (Kickoff)
- Beth Phoenix and Paige were guest color commentators. Becky Lynch got an entrance and then a bunch of women came out as a group. After that, Bayley and Sasha Banks got single entrances. Carmella was boasting so everybody went after her and eliminated her first. Everyone teamed up and eliminated Dana Brooke next. After that, it was everyone fighting. Several of the NXT competitors (Peyton Royce, Kairi Sane, Taynara Conti, Kavita Devi, Bianca Belair, and Dakota Kai) cleaned house and started an NXT chant. The crowd booed loudly when Becky got eliminated. Bayley and Sasha worked together to eliminate several women. Sasha and Bayley cleared the ring but when Sasha went for a handshake, Bayley tossed her out. However, Naomi was never eliminated and threw out Bayley to win the match.
WWE Intercontinental Title
The Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
- Miz had the Miztourage go to the back. Finn Balor did not come out as The Demon for Wrestlemania. The three attempted roll-ups on each other early. Miz put the figure four on Balor but Rollins made the save with a frog splash. Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale but Rollins kicked out. Miz hit a bulldog from the top rope to Rollins but Balor stopped the pinfall with the double foot stomp. Balor hit the double foot stomp to Miz but Rollins broke up the pinfall with the curb stomp. Rollins then hit the curb stomp on Miz to score the pinfall and the IC Title. Rollins is now a grand slam champion.
SmackDown Women's Title Match
Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka
- Charlotte had a big entrance with Ric Flair's music at first and then fireworks during her regular music. Asuka's entrance, like Miz's, included 3D graphics on the screen. Charlotte was favoring her shoulder early in the match. Asuka countered Charlotte's moonsault with a submission but Charlotte was able to reverse it into a Boston crab. Asuka suplexed Charlotte from the apron to the floor. Charlotte got a nearfall with a Spanish fly. Charlotte got another near fall with a spear. Charlotte then got the surprising win by tap out with the Figure 8 to retain her title. After the match, Asuka said Charlotte was ready for her and gave her a hug.
United States Title
Randy Orton (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev
- Aiden English and Sunil Singh did introductions for Rusev and Mahal respectively. Orton got booed when he went for RKO to Rusev. Aiden English came in and took an RKO instead. Orton hit an RKO on Mahal but Roode broke up the pin. With a distraction from Singh, Mahal hit the Khallas on Rusev to win the match and the US Title.
Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle vs. Stephanie McMahon and Triple H
- Triple H and Stephanie had a biker entrance with laser lights in the ring. Angle had his classic singlet with pyro. Rousey came out dressed like Roddy Piper. Stephanie pulled Rousey down by the hair before the match started. Angle and Triple H officially started the match. Stephanie attacked Angle on the outside when the referee wasn't looking. Angle went to tag Rousey but Stephanie knocked Rousey off the apron. Rousey finally got the hot tag and took out Stephanie. Rousey had a submission on but Stephanie raked her in the eyes. Stephanie hit a DDT for a nearfall. Rousey fought back and had the match won but Triple H pulled the referee out of the ring. Triple H then pulled Rousey out of the ring. Rousey and Triple H then started fighting in the ring and Rousey got the best of him with punches. Stephanie stopped Rousey from finishing off Triple H. Angle hit the Angle Slam on Triple H but Triple H kicked out. Stephanie got in the ring and Angle put the Ankle lock on her. Triple H hit the pedigree on Angle but Rousey made the save. Rousey got her submission on Triple H but Stephanie got a sleeper on. Rousey reversed it into her submission and Angle got the Ankle Lock on Triple H. Angle got knocked into Rousey to break up the holds. Stephanie tried to finish off Rousey but Rousey got Stephanie in her submission again and Stephanie tapped out. Angle and Stephanie celebrated while Dana White was shown cheering for Rousey.
Smackdown Tag Team Titles
The Usos (c) vs. The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day
- The New Day came out with little people wearing pancake costumes. There wasn't much to the match. Harper and Rowan won with a powerbomb off the top rope.
John Cena vs. The Undertaker
- Cena came out but the referee told him something and Cena started to leave until the lights went out. Instead of Undertaker, Elias appeared and said the other guy doesn't have his talent. Elias told Cena to sit down and be a spectator. Cena sat down and Elias started singing a song. Cena then attacked Elias and took him out with the AA. Cena started walking back and the lights went out again. The Undertaker's gear appeared in the ring and then a lightning bolt struck which caused the gear to disappear. Deadman Undertaker came out and the match officially began. It was a quick match with Undertaker dominating and winning with a chokeslam and then a tombstone piledriver.
Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
- Shane was wearing a "Yes 34" jersey. A video package celebrating the "YES!" movement was shown prior to Bryan's entrance. Owens and Zayn attacked Bryan and Shane from behind during their entrance. Bryan was powerbombed on the ring apron and officials checked on Bryan. Shane got in the ring and told the referee to ring the bell. Shane was on fire at first but got overwhelmed by Owens and Zayn. A stretcher was brought out for Bryan. Shane made a comeback and actually hit a coast to coast on Zayn. Owens and Zayn regained control until Bryan finally made the hot tag. Bryan kicked out of both Owens and Zayn's finishers. Zayn ended up tapping out to the Yes Lock which gave Bryan and Shane the win. Bryan gave a hug and kiss to Brie after the match.
RAW Women's Title Match
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax
- Alexa came down from a pedestal for her entrance. Nia destroyed Mickie James right when the match started. Nia tossed Alexa around and Alexa finally gained control by taking out Nia's leg. Alexa hit a twisted bliss to Nia on the outside of the ring. Jax regained control and won the title with a super Samoan drop off the top rope. There wasn't much heat for the match but the crowd did pop for the finish.
WWE Title Match
AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
- The guitar for Alice Cooper did the intro for Nakamura along with a team of violinists. The two had a feeling out process in the beginning while the crowd did dueling chants. It was a slower paced match than the other matches on the card. Nakamura got a nearfall with the landslide and then the two exchanged submissions. Nakamura was favoring his left leg as the match progressed. Nakamura got some more nearfalls on Styles. Styles came back and retained the WWE Title with the Styles Clash. After the match, Styles helped up Nakamura and gave him a hug. Nakamura bowed down and handed the belt to Styles but then gave Styles a low blow. Nakamura continued attacking Styles on the outside of the ring and hit the Kinshasa.
RAW Tag Team Titles
Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. Braun Strowman and a partner
- The Bar came out with a Mardi Gras float and people in costumes. Strowman came out, scared off the people, and pushed the float off the stage. Strowman said his partner was a fan in the crowd and randomly chose a kid. Strowman won the titles for him and the kid with a powerslam.
WWE Universal Title Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
- Lesnar took Reigns to suplex city right away and then Reigns quickly recovered and hit several superman punches including one on the outside of the ring. The crowd did a CM Punk chant as the two brawled on the outside. Reigns hit two spears which Lesnar kicked out of. Reigns kicked out of three F5s. The crowd started a boring chant at this point. Lesnar put Reigns through the announce table with an F5. Reigns kicked out of yet another F5. Reigns got busted open pretty badly. Lesnar finally won with a 6th F5.