NXT Takeover: New Orleans PPV results Submitted by Aaron Rift on 04/07/2018 at 07:12 PM
The PPV kicked off with a live band that played over a video package.
NXT North American Championship Ladder Match
EC3 vs. Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Adam Cole vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet
- Ricochet was being billed as "the one and only." Ricochet did a huge springboard shooting star press to the outside early in the match. Sullivan took a ladder and threw it into the other five guys. Sullivan was powerbombed off the ladder by several guys and Cole tried to capitalize and grab the belt. EC3 and Cole formed a temporary alliance. Dream hit a huge flying elbow off the top of a ladder onto Sullivan. Dain hit a vader bomb with Cole on his back onto EC3 who was under a ladder. Ricochet was tossed around like a baby and then Dain and Sullivan went at it. Ricochet was on a ladder and Sullivan tipped it over but Ricochet turned it into a moonsault to the outside on other guys. Dream did a rolling DVD to Ricochet on a ladder bridge. Sullivan slammed EC3 through Dream and a ladder bridge on the outside. Dain slammed Cole through Ricochet on another outside ladder bridge. Everyone climbed up the various ladders and hit big moves off the ladders. Cole tipped over a ladder with Ricochet on it and climbed the ladder to become the first North American champion.
NXT Women’s Championship Match
Ember Moon (c) vs Shayna Baszler
- The singer of the band Halestorm did the live entrance for Ember. Ronda Rousey was shown in the front row. Baszler was selling her left arm/shoulder and tried to pop it back into place by running into the ring post. Ember hit an eclipse to the Baszler on the outside and both barely beat the 10 count. Baszler countered an eclipse in the ring and got a submission on Ember. Ember kept trying to break out but eventually passed out and Baszler won the women's title. Baszler hugged Rousey and the horsewomen after the match.
NXT Tag Team Championship
Adam Cole (subbing for Bobby Fish) and Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Roderick Strong & WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne vs. The Authors of Pain
- The AOP went right after Cole's ribs which were taped up from the ladder match. AOP powerbombed Cole through the announce table. After a few minutes of chaos, the referee got things under control and the teams were making tags. AOP dominated until Dunne got the hot tag and got some offense in against AOP. Dunne and O'Reilly which allowed AOP to regain control. Strong saved the match when AOP were about to win. Strong then turned against Dunne and helped Undisputed Era win. Strong joined the group after the match and they celebrated along with the injured Bobby Fish.
NXT Championship Match
Andrade Cien Almas (c) vs Aleister Black
- Black was on fire early in the match. Zelina Vega sent Black into the steel steps which gave Almas control of the match. Vega went for a pin attempt and Black kicked out at one. Vega got the referee distracted with the title belt and attacked Black again. Black had the match won but Vega put Alams' foot on the rope. Almas hit his DDT finisher but Black kicked out. Black hit the Black Mass while Alams was holding Vega and scored the victory to become the NXT Champion.
Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa
- Ciampa came out with no music and the crowd chanted "asshole" and "f*** you Ciampa" at him. There was a staredown before the two started trading blows. The two brawled on the outside and in the crowd. Ciampa suplexed Gargano off the announce table onto the floor. The referee checked on Gargano to see if he could continue. Despite all the punishment, Gargano was able to kick out at one. Ciampa grabbed crutches from a fan and tried to use them on Gargano but Gargano was able to avoid the shots. Gargano was able to powerbomb Ciampa on the concrete that was exposed by Gargano. Gargano got the crutch and started using it on Ciampa. Gargano got the Gargano Escape on and Ciampa got to the ropes but there was no break in the unsanctioned match. Ciampa raked Gargano's eyes to escape. The two exchanged more blows but then Ciampa hit a low blow. Ciampa used the crutch and then powerbombed Gargano onto his knees for a huge nearfall. Gargano sent Ciampa into the exposed turnbuckle and hit a superkick but Ciampa kicked out. Ciampa hit his powerbomb to the knees off the top rope but Gargano still kicked out. Gargano used Ciampa's knee brace on Ciampa. Gargano was going to use the crutch but Ciampa showed remorse. Gargano hesitated and Ciampa tried to attack Gargano but Gargano saw it coming. Gargano got the Gargano Escape on again and used the brace for the submission victory.