NXT Takeover: WarGames PPV results Submitted by Aaron Rift on 11/18/2017 at 07:39 PM
Thank you for checking out my coverage of NXT Takeover: WarGames for NoDQ.com! Refresh this page for the latest results and you can also check out results on NoDQ's Twitter feed below.
Feel free to discuss tonight's show with other fans in the Disqus comments section at the bottom of the page.
Pete Dunne vs. Johnny Gargano for the UK Title
- This was the pre-show dark match. There were a lot of fans that still hadn't entered the arena. Based on fan reports, the two tore the house down with a great match. Pete Dunne picked up the victory to retain his title.
- Kassius Ohno vs. Lars Sullivan. Sullivan dominated the early part of the match. Sullivan went for a big splash off the top and missed which gave Ohno the chance to make a comeback. Ohno hit Sullivan with a series of elbow strikes to the face and head. Ohno went for a pinfall and Sullivan kicked out at one. Sullivan kicked regained control and won with the Freak Accident.
- Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream. Dream had Rick Rude-style tights with portraits of himself and Black. The two played mind games/taunted each other and the crowd was getting into Dream's gimmick. Dream got a close nearfall with a Death Valley Driver and the crowd was chanting his name. Black hit a running knee strike for a nearfall. Dream hit a unique-looking DDT which got a huge reaction from the crowd. Black eventually won with the Black Mass. This was a hell of a match.
- Peyton Royce vs. Nikki Cross vs. Kairi Sane vs. Ember Moon for the vacant NXT Women's Title. Sane broke up a pinfall literally at the last split second. Sane hit the flying elbow onto both Royce and Cross but Moon made the save. Moon pinned Cross after hitting the Eclipse to win the title. This was a good match but felt short. After the match, Asuka presented Moon with the title and they embraced.
Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas for the NXT Title
- Zelina Vega made her presence felt early in the match. There were "3MB" chants during the match. Almas hit a moonsault to the outside and then got a nearfall when he rolled McIntyre back into the ring. McIntyre made a comeback and got a nearfall with the Future Shock DDT. When Almas went outside and grabbed the belt, Vega used the distraction to attack McIntyre. Alams got a huge nearfall on McIntyre. McIntyre hit the Claymore but Vega put Almas' foot on the rope. McIntyre missed a second Claymore and Almas hit another DDT to win the NXT Title. The crowd did the "SI!" chants.
WarGames: Authors of Pain/Roderick Strong vs. Sanity vs. Undisputed Era
- Eric Young, Adam Cole and Roderick Strong started the match. Fish and O'Reilly were the first team released from the shark cage after five minutes. Authors of Pain were next to be released. AOP cleaned house and tossed people into the 2nd ring. Wolfe and Dain were released last and brought a bunch of weapons into the ring including tables. Once they were all locked in the cage, Dain ate the key. O'Reilly swung a chair but missed and hit himself in the head when the chair bounced off the ropes. Dain did a diving crossbody onto everyone else. There was a stereo tower of doom powerbomb spot in each ring. Wolfe sent one of the AOP members through a table with a super German suplex off the top rope. Dain did a Coast to Coast to O'Reilly. Strong superplexed Cole from the top of the cage down onto everyone else. Cole pinned Young to win the match for Undisputed.