"Thought I'd start by saying you're not my favorite columnist, but you are the most consistent. I rarely agree with you but always respect you, and I love how often you post. I also love how interactive your columns are."
- Robyn, wrestling fan
Okay folks, here is the deal. Tomorrow is a HUGE day for MY Green Bay Packers. Before the game, I will post my Survivor Series predictions. This column will be spent responding to some readers - nothing new there. On top of that, I am working on getting yet another "exclusive" interview for everybody. Nothing is set in stone yet, but keep your fingers crossed! Until then, let's go!
David via email:
I won't directly quote anything, but let me break your email down into a few points.
1. Big props for keeping the language clean! That really does go a long way with me. It is really not difficult to be respectful and avoid using any offensive words. Seems like it would just be a given? For that, I thank you.
2. I loved reading your thoughts on attending the recent Raw show. It was a great atmosphere (through television). Major credit goes to you and others that were there. A lot of fans could learn a thing or two from you. Too many people just sit there and don't care to be there. Why even go then? I hope WWE returns close by soon, so you can go again and be a big part of a great live crowd!
3. As for TNA Impact, the answer is real simple. I WANT people to defend the company. That is why I introduced my "Stand up for TNA" campaign! Trust me, I am not their biggest fan whatsoever. However, the company DOES have passionate fans out there. I would love to read MORE from them.
4. Finally, this week's experiment was brought on by a challenge from one of my readers. It was a great idea, so I went with it. Believe me, I rarely watch TNA Impact Wrestling. When I don't, I don't comment. Just like ROH and the indy scene, I don't watch it. Thus, I don't comment. This week, a request was handed out to give the show a chance. I did - and turned it off after 10 minutes. Again, these column ideas come straight from YOU (the readers), not me.
Now for a mid-column breather, enjoy this recent TNA house show footage!
Greg "Primetime" via email:
"I had a debate with a friend last night who tells me Foley is better on the mic then Flair, which I find to be ridiculous. This brought us up to figure out who we thought was the best talkers all time."
Well, I won't dive into a "best all-time" list just yet. I usually try to avoid doing "favorite" lists. My columns tend to be original content. There are PLENTY of "favorite" lists on the internet to read. Maybe I will get back to that at another time? Not anytime soon.
As for the Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair debate? It is probably just my age showing (24), but I always loved Foley and his promos. I am NOT taking anything away from Flair, but Foley was my guy growing up. Thus, I admit 100 percent bias. He would be my pick. However, I do NOT fault anybody for going in the opposite direction. It is all just opinion, right? This reminds me of the age old HBK/Bret rivalry. Some will die defending Bret Hart. Others will swear up and down that Shawn Michaels was better. In the end, you can't go wrong.
Darrin via email:
"I just wanted to pay you a common courtesy and tell you to your face that I don't agree with a lot of what you say and haven't in a while. I happen to like TNA. I'm not going to hide behind a fake name like a keyboard warrior to tell you that I disagree with your "Best diva of all-time" column. In my opinion, Fabulous Moolah is leaps and bounds ahead of Trish Stratus. Did you see that word I used there? "OPINION" That's what I shared with you, and that's what you share in your columns. We disagree, but I don't see why I should go on the NODQ message board and insult you over it. I mean I go through NODQ and see these people talking about petitions, being rude, and saying insulting things about you just because they disagree with you, and it makes me sick. If they don't like your opinion, don't click on the column. If they don't like they way your columns are written, don't click on the column. They even attack you for mentioning the Packers. My uncle is from Wisconsin, so I know how you guys are about football. I wish Tennessee had half that passion."
Well, that was a nice message. Thanks! Let me pick through that piece by piece.
1. I think it was just my generation showing with Trish Stratus. Moolah was before my time, so it wouldn't be fair of me to comment.
2. You should read the stuff I get through Twitter/email. It is just embarrassing that people act like that. As you mentioned, hiding behind a computer screen can give some people major confidence. I use my real name and do not need any fake avatars/usernames. Love me or hate me, I am just being myself.
3. Wisconsin does have a reputation for being "crazy" about their football. I certainly understand that. Until February, my football mentions will remain. Speaking of Wisconsin, help out a friend of mine by visiting his Youtube page. I am not a gamer, but he is!
Click. Like. Comment. Subscribe.
"I do have a question. I think this Cena/ A.J. Lee stuff is just not entertaining and been done to death. I really hope it ends soon. I was wondering what you opinion on this whole storyline is."
I don't care one way or another. John Cena needed to stall for a few months before WrestleMania season begins in January. Thus, this will hold him over until 2013. If it shines a light on Dolph Ziggler, that is great. If it makes AJ even more of a star, that is great. By the time the Royal Rumble pay-per-view ends, this will all be forgotten about...
I want to thank everybody again for the column ideas and messages. There are still TONS to get through, so please continue to be patient. I will get there eventually. In the meantime, feel free to keep sending me emails/Twitter messages. I am ALWAYS open to feedback, so do not be shy. On a final note, I want to discuss the TNA rating for last night's episode. As most know, it was a rare TAPED show for Impact Wrestling. Lots of folks probably feared the worst for their ratings. Well, those folks need to read my columns more closely next time. Here are the recent figures:
October 25th LIVE TNA Impact rating - 0.97
November 1st LIVE TNA Impact rating - 0.97
November 8th LIVE TNA Impact rating - 1.03
November 15th TAPED TNA Impact rating - 1.07
Once again folks, being live in 2012 means next to NOTHING for ratings!
Some just need to stop living in the 1990's. It is a new culture and certainly a MUCH different time. Live or taped, numbers will stay roughly the same. In this case, TNA actually grew nearly 100,000 viewers from their recent live shows. By next week, I am sure they will be back down. The week after? It is back to being live...and back to the same ratings since 2007. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
*What do you folks think? How will Survivor Series go this Sunday night? Let me know on Twitter @JustinWatry! Also, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org - I read ALL feedback. Thank you!*
Thank you for visiting NoDQ.com! We will have live PPV coverage of WWE Hell in a Cell 2014 on October 26th starting at 7:30 PM EST. Please spread the word!
You'll find information on this fan-created website about the following: WWE News, WWE Rumors, WWE Spoilers, WWE Results, TNA News, TNA Rumors, TNA Spoilers, TNA Results, John Cena, The Rock, Vince McMahon, Ryback, The Shield, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Impact Wrestling, Austin Aries, CM Punk, Bobby Roode, Big Show, Jack Swagger, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, Kane, Dixie Carter, Paul Heyman, Wrestling Video Games, WWE Divas, TNA Knockouts, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, PPV Results, and much more!